A great profile picture will help you attract more students!
Parents and students are looking at your profile picture to better understand who you are, and ultimately decide if they want to spend time with you each week. This photo is your best shot at grabbing their attention and making a great first impression. Therefore the profile picture you choose to use matters!
Don't worry. You don't need to pay for an expensive headshot. You can easily take a great photo yourself by following these tips:
- Upload a recent picture that identifies you as the instructor
- Select a close up picture that clearly shows your full face
- Don't forget to smile!
- Pro Tip: Students are looking for instructors who appear friendly, welcoming, and approachable
- No group photos please; your main profile picture should be of you and you alone
- Pro Tip: Add group pictures to your profile under the "Photos & Videos" section
- Use a high-resolution picture that isn't too blurry and has good lighting
- Find a solid backdrop and avoid busy backgrounds whenever possible
- If you teach more than one subject pick a neutral picture that does not include an instrument or prop, since that will not apply to all the subjects you offer
Pro Tip: We encourage you to rotate your profile picture and pick a new one every couple of months; this keeps things fresh and will give you an idea of what type of picture students respond to.
Here are a few examples of great profile pictures: