Enable TakeLessons Classroom in your profile
Teaching lessons online is the easiest way to reach students all over the country. As a TakeLessons teacher, you don't have to worry about setting up accounts with video-chat platforms so you can connect with your students. Just activate TakeLessons Classroom in your teacher profile, and you'll enjoy a video classroom platform built for teachers like you, fully integrated into the same platform that manages the billing and scheduling for your students. Read on to get started!
First, check your equipment
- If you're new to online lessons, you can learn more about TakeLessons Classroom here.
- When you're ready to get started, go through the TakeLessons Classroom test flow to make sure your internet connection, camera, microphone, and speakers are working.
- NOTE: A desktop or laptop computer is required to teach with TakeLessons Classroom; mobile devices are not supported for teachers at this time. (Learn more here.)
Then, enable TakeLessons Classroom
From a web browser:
- Log in to your TakeLessons account.
- Open your Profile page.
- Open the Locations tab.
- Under Teach Online, click Set up online.
- Click Use TakeLessons Classroom with new students.
- To accept online students in all of your subjects, click Add all my subjects to this location.
- Click Save.
From the TakeLessons iOS app for teachers:
- Log in to your TakeLessons app.
- Tap the hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Open the Profile menu, and select the Locations screen.
- In the Locations screen, tap Teach Online?
- Tap Yes, use TakeLessons Classroom with new students. To enable online lessons for every subject you teach, tap Add all my subjects to this location.
- Tap Save.
Next, set your online availability
Now that you're set up to teach through TakeLessons Classroom, make sure your profile shows the times you're available to teach online. Remember: your online availability can be different from the hours you're available to teach from your studio locations, or in a student's home. When new students book online lessons with you, they'll choose their first lesson times from the availability you post here!
NOTE: All changes made to your profile will be live on the TakeLessons.com website 2-3 hours after they are saved.
Set availability in a web browser:
- While logged in to your TakeLessons account, open your Availability page.
- Select your Online location.
- Click and drag your mouse in the schedule area, to set the times you are available. (Times you're available to teach should be colored in; times you aren't available should be blank.)
- When you're finished setting up your online availability, click Confirm Availability.
Set availability in the TakeLessons iOS app for teachers:
- While logged in to your TakeLessons app, tap the hamburger menu (3 horizontal lines) in the upper-left corner of your screen.
- Open the Availability screen.
- In the Availability screen, tap Online / TakeLessons Classroom.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap Add Time, or Remove Time.
- Tap the days to which you'd like to add or remove time, then tap Next.
- Tap the beginning and end of the times you want to add or remove, then tap Next.
- Confirm you are only editing your online availability, then tap Save.
You're all set! Here's what happens next:
Don't worry- accept new online students! Each new online student you accept will receive an email explaining how to set up their equipment for TakeLessons Classroom.