Respond to the message in your email
You can email back and forth with potential students with the Ask a Question feature on your profile!
With the Ask a Question feature, potential students will be able to send you questions through your profile. You’ll receive these questions via email, so be on the lookout for incoming messages in your email inbox.
Reply to a student inquiry directly from your email inbox.
Pro Tips for responding to students.
Respond within 3 hours.
- That's when students are most likely to book lessons, so the sooner you reply, the better. The quality and speed of your answer can determine whether or not they book lessons with you.
- If you don’t respond to the question within 72 hours, we’ll assume that you aren’t currently available for students, and will automatically set your Profile Visibility to “Off.”. (See: How do I turn my profile visibility on or off?) We will then follow up with the student whose question you missed, to make sure they get the help they need.
Don’t feel this student is the best fit for you?
- It’s ok to reply, “It sounds like I might not be the right teacher for you.” Turning down students before they book lessons will not hurt your search ranking.
Concerned that this message is Spam, or not from a real potential student?
- If you get a message that is SPAM or seems suspicious, be sure to report the message to us so we can block messages like that from getting to you.
- Keep in mind that you are communicating with a student that has not yet purchased lessons. For your safety, messages sent between you and your potential student should never include:
- Personal contact information (phone number, email address, etc.)
- Links to other websites
- Your full address
Turn on the charm
- Reply with an honest, upbeat answer that shows students you can help them achieve their goals. Students use questions to get to know you and learn more about what lessons will be like, so do your best to make a great first impression!
Remove your signature before you send!
If your email software automatically adds a signature to your emails, we recommend removing it from your replies to students. Most email signatures include personal contact information, which may cause your message to be flagged and not delivered, or only partially delivered.To prevent a not-so-pleasant experience for your student, make sure your reply doesn’t include a phone number, email address, or website URL.