As long as your PC, netbook, or Chromebook is less than 4 years old, you should be able to join an online group class or private lesson on TakeLessons Classroom.
Make sure you have:
- Internet: Download speed of at least 3.5 Mbps, upload speed of at least 0.5 Mbps. (Learn more)
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer with the latest updates installed
- Processor: Dual-core 2.4GHz or faster (2GB of RAM recommended)
- Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory
- Sound Card: at least 16-bit
- Microphone: working onboard mic, or USB-connected mic
- Speakers: working onboard speakers, or USB-connected speakers
- Webcam: working onboard webcam, or USB-connected webcam
For the best learning experience, we recommend:
- A headset with microphone makes it easier for your teacher and classmates to hear you. You’ll also hear them better!
- A quiet environment with no distractions. If your TV is blaring in the background, you might even make it hard for other classmates to learn!
Test your setup here: