First, make sure your device meets the system requirements:
Quickly get set up for TakeLessons Classroom at our test page:
Next, plan ahead for your class time:
1. Set up your equipment
- Make sure you’ll have a secure, reliable internet connection during your class time. (Learn more)
- We recommend that you use a headset and microphone, to minimize background noise and make it easier for your teacher and classmates to hear you.
2. Test your microphone and camera
- Seeing and hearing your teacher and classmates is an important part of TakeLessons Classroom. To make sure everyone will be able to see and hear you, make sure your microphone and camera are working before your class starts.
- If you're on a desktop, laptop, or other non-mobile device, you can easily test all your equipment and internet connection with our TakeLessons Classroom Test Page, at https://takelessons.com/video/test
3. Plan your learning environment.
- Where will you sit to take your class? Make sure your space is well-lit, and as free of distractions as possible.
- Don’t plan to join your class in a busy public place like a coffee shop or bookstore. Keep in mind that background noises might make it hard for other students to pay attention to what’s going on in your classroom.
4. Be on time.
- Students who join the class more than 5 minutes after it has started can disrupt the class for other students.
- If you happen to join the class late, be mindful of other students. Don’t take up too much class time asking the teacher to get you “caught up” on material the other students have already reviewed.
- Remember, you can always join a later class!
When it's time, join your classroom:
After your class, make sure you leave a review for your teacher! Your feedback helps us improve the TakeLessons Classroom experience for everyone.