Joining your class or lesson is easy! You can click the link sent in your reminder email, or log in to your TakeLessons Student Account from any device. No matter how you get to your Student Account, you'll see a green "Join" button when it's time for your class or lesson.
Ensure success: test your equipment first
- Go to TakeLessons.com/video/test
- The test flow will check your browser, internet speed, microphone, speakers, and camera. Make sure everything works properly before your first class or lesson.
Log in to your TakeLessons Student Account
- In Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, go to TakeLessons.com/login
- When your class or lesson is due to start in less than 30 minutes, you'll see a "Join" button at the top of your student dashboard.
- Click "Join" to enter TakeLessons Classroom.
Enable your camera and microphone
- Once you click "Join," you'll be prompted to enable your camera and microphone.
- Click "Enable My Camera & Microphone," or "I don't want to use my camera or microphone for this class."
Check your camera and microphone
- If you enabled your camera and microphone, the next page will double-check that everything works.
- Make sure you can see yourself in the video box.
- Make sure green bars appear when you make noise.
- When everything is ready, click "Join the Class."
Get ready to learn!
When you're the first one in the classroom, you'll see a "waiting" message. If you're taking a class through TakeLessons Live, feel free to chat with your fellow classmates until your teacher joins!