Joining your class or lesson is easy! You can click the link sent in your reminder email, or log in to your TakeLessons Student Account from any device. No matter how you get to your Student Account, you'll see a green Join button when it's time for your class or lesson.
We strongly recommend using an up to date version of the Google Chrome browser for the best experience. However, you can also join the TakeLessons Classroom through Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Microsoft Edge 79+.
Ensure success: Test your equipment first
- Go to TakeLessons.com/video/test
- The test flow will check your browser, internet speed, microphone, speakers, and camera. Make sure everything works properly before your first class or lesson.
Log in to your TakeLessons Student Account
- Go to TakeLessons.com/login
- When your class or lesson is due to start in less than 30 minutes, you'll see a Join button at the top of your student dashboard.
- Click Join to enter TakeLessons Classroom.
Enable your camera and microphone
- Once you click Join you'll be prompted to enable your camera and microphone.
- Click Allow to enable your camera and microphone. (Note: You are able to turn these off once you have entered the Classroom if you don't wish to use them during your lesson)
Check your camera and microphone
- We will double-check that everything works.
- Make sure you can see yourself in the video box.
- Make sure green bars appear when you make noise.
- When everything is ready, click Join Lesson
Get ready to learn!
When you're the first one in the classroom, you'll see a Your lesson will begin shortly... message. If you're taking a class through TakeLessons Live, feel free to chat with your fellow classmates until your teacher joins!