As long as your Mac desktop or laptop is less than 5 years old, you should be able to use it to teach with TakeLessons Classroom. However, Safari is NOT supported at this time. Google Chrome is required to teach with TakeLessons Classroom. Download Chrome for Mac here.
Make sure you have:
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome for Mac. Download here.
- Internet: Download speed of at least 3.5 Mbps, upload speed of at least 0.5 Mbps. (Learn more)
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or newer with the latest updates installed
- Processor: Intel processor (2GB of RAM or better recommended)
- Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory
- Sound Card: at least 16-bit
- Microphone: working onboard mic, or USB-connected mic
- Speakers: working onboard speakers, or USB-connected speakers
- Webcam: working onboard webcam, or USB-connected webcam
Our most successful teachers recommend:
- A headset with microphone makes it easier for your students to hear you, without hearing your background noise. You'll also hear your students better!
- A quiet environment with no distractions. Of course, you'll want to minimize intrusions on your classroom environment, to provide your students with the best learning experience possible.
All set already? Run your equipment through the TakeLessons Classroom System Test.
Classroom is built for Google Chrome. Download Chrome here.