As long as your PC, netbook, or Chromebook is less than 5 years old, you should be able to use it to teach with TakeLessons Classroom.
TakeLessons Classroom teachers must use Google Chrome. Download Chrome here.
Make sure you have:
- Internet: Download speed of at least 3.5 Mbps, upload speed of at least 0.5 Mbps. (Learn more)
- Operating System: Windows 7 or newer with the latest updates installed
- Processor: Dual-core 2.4GHz or faster (2GB of RAM recommended)
- Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory
- Sound Card: at least 16-bit
- Microphone: working onboard mic, or USB-connected mic
- Speakers: working onboard speakers, or USB-connected speakers
- Webcam: working onboard webcam, or a USB-connected webcam.
Our most successful teachers recommend:
- A headset with microphone makes it easier for your students to hear you, without hearing your background noise. You'll also hear your students better!
- A quiet environment with no distractions. Of course, you'll want to minimize intrusions on your classroom environment, to provide your students with the best learning experience possible.
All set already? Run your equipment through the TakeLessons Classroom System Test.
Classroom is built for Google Chrome. Download Chrome here.