For the best experience in TakeLessons Classroom, make sure your Android device meets the following requirements:
- Your device must be running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or newer. (Find your Android version here.)
- Your device must have an internet download speed of 3.5Mbps or faster. WiFi connections are strongly recommended.
- For your teacher to see you, your device must have a front-facing camera.
- Install the most current version of the TakeLessons Android App for students.
- Open the app and login or sign up.
- In the app, visit Account Settings --> Live Classroom Settings. Ensure all permissions are granted to the app before entering a TakeLessons Live class to ensure that all features are available to you.
- We strongly recommend that you close other streaming apps (Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Spotify, etc.) while you're attending a TakeLessons class.
Phone and tablet hardware varies widely among Android devices. If your Android operating system and download speed don't meet the minimum requirements, we recommend that you join your TakeLessons Classroom session through another internet-ready device, a laptop, or a desktop computer.
Learn more: Which devices work with TakeLessons Classroom?