What does “Canceled” mean?
If your student won’t be able to attend a lesson, cancel that lesson right away. When a lesson is Canceled:
- Your student is not charged
- Your student’s schedule will apply any paid credits toward future lessons
IMPORTANT: If your student doesn’t attend a lesson, but you don’t cancel it, that student’s billing cycle may be adversely affected. Always cancel a lesson as soon as you’re sure it won’t be occurring.
- To cancel lessons from your iPhone or iPad, open the top-left menu in your TakeLessons app, and tap the Calendar tab.
- Scroll to the date of the lesson on the calendar, and tap on the lesson you would like to cancel.
- Tap the pencil icon in the top right-hand corner
- Tap Cancel Lesson
If your student is on a Recurring Schedule
On a recurring schedule, canceled lessons roll forward to cover the next unpaid lesson on the calendar. Your student’s next monthly bill will be updated so they receive credit for the canceled date.
When Canceling a recurring student’s lessons, you can:
- save changes for just this lesson
- Save changes for this and all following lessons in the series.
- The lesson will now show as “Canceled” on the calendar
Cancel lessons from the Calendar screen
You can also cancel lessons directly from the calendar, by sliding the lesson you would like to adjust to the right. Then tap Cancel.