If you have never created a video for a content platform before, or want some tips before clicking record, this is a great place to start. Recorded videos are a great way for students to continue learning before or in between classes. If a student has never taken a class with you, it’s also a great way for them to get to know you and the way you teach.
We encourage you to apply the following production quality guidelines to every video you create.
- Have a simple, clean background. Too many items in the background may cause a distraction while you are teaching.
- Try to include an accent piece such as a plant, piece of art, other musical instruments you may teach, or something pertaining to the subject you teach.
- Your background should not include beds, clutter, food, laundry, cell phones, pets, other people, toys/stuffed animals, distracting objects, etc.
- All videos should be filmed in horizontal/wide-screen mode.
- The camera should be 1080p or higher. Pro-tip: consider using your smartphone
- The camera lens must be at eye level
- Position at least 2-3 feet from the camera
- External microphones are highly recommended
- The microphone should be positioned 2-3 feet from you
- Be sure you are recording in a quiet space free from interruptions or distractions
- Your lesson space should be well lit using natural sunlight or light kit (Especially at night)
- For the best results, you can follow the 3-point lighting strategy covered in this video
- Your appearance should match the subject you are teaching. Use your best judgment
- No pajamas, vulgar/obscene logos or text, or revealing clothing
Recommended Opening Script
- "Hello! My name is <name> and today we are going to be discussing <topic>. Let’s get started!"
- Content should be delivered with energy, confidence, and enthusiasm
- Content should be delivered at a steady pace
- Content should be clear and complete. We recommend using this formula:
- Explain what you are about to introduce and why it’s important
- Deliver the material
- Reiterate the value
Recommended Closing Script
- "That’s all I have for you today. If you feel like you missed anything, feel free to rewind this video and watch it as many times as you need. To dive in even further on <topic>, be sure to hop into a live class and we’ll see you next time!"
Here are just a few examples of videos created by teachers on Live Studio: