Each attribute listed below highlights the minimum requirements for creating videos for TakeLessons Live. Please carefully review and ensure that each item is applied in every video that you create.
Required scripts that should be used for every video you create.
Hello! My name is <name> and today we are going to be discussing <topic>. Let’s get started!
That’s all I have for you today. If you feel like you missed anything, feel free to rewind this video and watch it as many times as you need. To dive in even further on <topic>, be sure to hop into a live class and we’ll see you next time!
- Content should be delivered with energy, confidence, and enthusiasm
- Content should be delivered at a steady pace
- Content should be clear and complete. We recommend using this formula:
- Explain what you are about to introduce and why it’s important
- Deliver the material
- Reiterate the value
Production quality requirements for every video that you create.
- Have a simple, distraction-free background
- There should be no more than 3 or 4 items in the background of your shot
- Try to include an accent piece such as a plant, vase, or piece of art
- Your background should not include beds, clutter, food, laundry, cell phones, pets, other people, toys/stuffed animals, distracting objects, etc.
- Camera must be 1080p or higher. Pro-tip: consider using your smartphone
- Camera lens must be at eye level
- Position at least 2-3 feet from the camera
- External mics are highly recommended
- Mic should be positioned 2-3 feet from you
- Be sure you are recording in a quiet space free from interruptions or distractions
- Your lesson space should be well lit using natural sunlight or light kit (Especially at night)
- For the best results, you can follow the 3-point lighting strategy covered in this video
- Your appearance should match the subject you are teaching. Use your best judgment
- No pajamas, vulgar/obscene logos or text, or revealing clothing
- Clothing requirements need to remain consistent for every video you create