Instructors are responsible for attending each class on their calendars. We strongly encourage instructors to triple-check their schedules prior to adding events to their calendars. If you are unable to attend a scheduled class, it is your responsibility to cancel the event through your Live Studio account. It is essential to the continuation of Live Studio for instructors to be on time and respectful of class start times.
The following is considered infractions for TakeLessons' group class attendance policy:
- No Show: The teacher fails to log in for a scheduled class event.
- Late Arrival: The teacher logs in after the scheduled class start time.
- Early Dismissal: The teacher leaves the classroom less than 15 minutes after the scheduled start time.
- Unexpected Cancellation: The teacher cancels a class event within 60 minutes of the scheduled start time.
- Continual Cancellation: The teacher cancels 3+ classes in any given 7 day period.
You will be contacted by TakeLessons customer support via email for any of the above infractions. Multiple infractions may result in removal from Live Studio.
NOTE: No-shows without a call or notification to our customer support team may result in immediate removal from Live Studio.
In the case of an emergency
We understand that it is not possible to predict emergencies. Infractions may be excused within reason. If you are unable to attend a class due to an emergency, write a detailed message while canceling the event so that students and TakeLessons are aware of the situation.
If you are unable to cancel your class, contact our support team to receive assistance. If you are unable to cancel your class outside of the support team office hours, contact TakeLessons as soon as you can.